Drunvalo Melchizedek (Bernard Perona, born 1941) is a New Age Consciousness “celebrity“. This survey will give you some tips to answer the “Drunvalo Melchizedek Wikipedia” question. As well as the question ” Are there similarities between Melchizedek and Jesus Christ”. Firstly, who is he and what is the meaning of Melchizedek in the Bible. Secondly, why Drunvalo likes it so much.
Who was the Melchizedek King of Salem better known as “Melchizedek King of Righteousness“, “Melchizedek King of Peace” and “Melchizedek King of Jerusalem“? Translated from Hebrew into English, the name Salem is a city mentioned in the Bible’s “Old Testament” – Salem means “Peace“. Furthermore, This city is identified as Jerusalem itself. In fact, The translation of the name Melchizedek from Hebrew is “My Righteous King” or “My King is Righteous” – “Melech” meaning “King“. Also, “Tzedek” means “righteous” and “righteousness“.
The Bible mentioned King Melchizedek in the “Book of Genesis” (Chapter 14). He was a king-priest from the Melchizedek order, also called Priest of El Elyon (translated as a priest of the “most high God“). He brings out wine and bread to bless Abraham and the “most high God“. Some ancient religious sources (including the Babylonian Talmud) use the name Melchizedek as a nickname for Shem (one of the sons of Noah . “Shem” translates as “renown“, or “prosperity“).
Similarities between Melchizedek and Jesus Christ
According to the Holy Bible’s “Letter to the Hebrews” (the “Epistle to the Hebrews” from the New Testament), Jesus Christ was a priest from the Melchizedek order. He was also assuming the role of High Priest forever. The Epistle presents Jesus with the following titles: “forerunner“, “exalted Son of God” and “high priest“. Some authors refer to Melchizedek as the “incarnation of Jesus” in the Old Testament.
So to answer the question “Was Melchizedek Jesus Christ“, here’s a list of their identifying characteristics and titles, with the Bible sources:
- “Son of God” – this title in the Bible is given only to Jesus [Mark 1-1], Adam [Luke 3-38], and Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3].
- “High Priest of God” – Jesus [Hebrews 5-6], Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Messiah [Psalms 110-4].
- “King of Righteousness” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-2, Genesis 49-10], Jesus [Jeremiah 23-5, Hebrews 1-8].
- “King of Peace” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-2], Jesus [Isaiah 9-6].
- “Eternal One” – Jesus [Hebrews 5-6], Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3] .
- “Pre-existent” (existed before birth) – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3], Jesus [Micah 5-2, Proverbs 8-22 & 31] .
- “Appointed by God” (with the right to rule), “Anointed One“, and “the Messiah” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 1-9], Jesus [Acts 4-25 & 26] .
- (in Hebrew “Kohen“) “Priest” – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Jesus [Hebrews 7-15 & 16) .
- Performing the ritual of bread and wine – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Jesus [Matthew 26-26 & 29, John 6-48 & 59] .
- Associated with Abraham – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18 & 19), Jesus [John 8-56 & 59) .
- Jesus is titled “a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek” [Hebrews 5-6].
- Melchizedek and Jesus are two different incarnations of one soul. Actually, this is a very popular concept postulated in some Christian Gnostic scriptures (including the “Dead Sea Scrolls” and the “Second Book of Enoch“). Edgar Cayce’s revelations also support this statement (according to Cayce, Jesus was an incarnation of Adam and Melchizedek).
All of this suggests that Melchizedek and Jesus as images, titles, and significance were very similar. This is the reason why many scholars identify them as the same person. To add to that, Drunvalo compares both consciousness types by saying that “Christ is a derivative of Melchizedek“. Due to, the difference between them. On the one hand, Melchizedek’s consciousness is formless. While on the other hand, Christ’s consciousness enjoys manifestation (form). But you can always read more about the meaning of the “Melchizedek” name at this Wikipedia link, and this is the link to BibleGateway (a searchable on-line Bible).
To learn more about the “Bernard Perona – Drunvalo Melchizedek” connection – press the following link who is Drunvalo Melchizedek (bio/history, Pleiades-Sirius connection). This name is definitely a huge statement as to the man’s personality, life-goal, and also as a concept of consciousness (philosophy), and definitely could be wrongly interpreted. I believe The Truth is all there is, that all our lies (big and small) are based on time alone. As to Drunvalo Melchizedek – you know what wise people say: “you’ll know them by their works“. Be happy, be true, and always be you!