Drunvalo Melchizedek (Bernard Perona, born 1941) is a New Age Consciousness “celebrity” known almost exclusively as Drunvalo Melchizedek. This survey will give you some directions to find the right answer to your “Drunvalo Melchizedek Wikipedia” question – who is and what is the meaning of Melchizedek in the Bible and why Drunvalo likes it so very much.
Who was the Melchizedek King of Salem better known as “Melchizedek King of Righteousness”, “Melchizedek King of Peace” and “Melchizedek King of Jerusalem”? Translated from Hebrew into English, the name Salem is a city name mentioned in the Bible’s “Old Testament” – Salem means “Peace“, and the city of Salem is identified with Jerusalem itself. The translation of the name Melchizedek from Hebrew is “My Righteous King” or “My King is Righteous” – “Melech” meaning “King“, and “Tzedek” meaning “righteous” and “righteousness”.
King Melchizedek in the Bible is mentioned in the “Book of Genesis” (Chapter 14) – he was a king-priest from the Melchizedek order, called Priest of El Elyon (translated from Hebrew as priest of the “most high God”) who brings out wine and bread to bless Abraham and the “most high God”. Some ancient religious sources (including the Babylonian Talmud) use the name Melchizedek as a nickname for Shem (one of the sons of Noah, the name “Shem” translates as “renown”, or “prosperity”).
Similarities between Melchizedek and Jesus Christ
According to the Holy Bible’s “Letter to the Hebrews” (the “Epistle to the Hebrews” from the New Testament), Jesus Christ was a priest from the Melchizedek order, assuming the role of High Priest forever. The Epistle presents Jesus with the following titles: “forerunner”, “exalted Son of God” and “high priest”. Some authors refer to Melchizedek as “incarnation of Jesus” is the Old Testament.
To help you answer the question of “Was Melchizedek Jesus Christ“, here’s a list of their identical characteristics and titles, with the Bible sources:
- “Son of God” – this title in the Bible is given only to Jesus [Mark 1-1], Adam [Luke 3-38] and Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3].
- “High Priest of God” – Jesus [Hebrews 5-6], Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Messiah [Psalms 110-4].
- “King of Righteousness” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-2, Genesis 49-10], Jesus [Jeremiah 23-5, Hebrews 1-8].
- “King of Peace” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-2], Jesus [Isaiah 9-6].
- “Eternal One” – Jesus [Hebrews 5-6], Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3].
- “Pre-existent” (existed before birth) – Melchizedek [Hebrews 7-3], Jesus [Micah 5-2, Proverbs 8-22 & 31].
- “Appointed by God” (with the right to rule), “Anointed One“, and “the Messiah” – Melchizedek [Hebrews 1-9], Jesus [Acts 4-25 & 26].
- (in Hebrew “Kohen”) “Priest” – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Jesus [Hebrews 7-15 & 16).
- performing the ritual of bread and wine – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18], Jesus [Matthew 26-26 & 29, John 6-48 & 59].
- associated with Abraham – Melchizedek [Genesis 14-18 & 19), Jesus [John 8-56 & 59).
- Jesus is titled “a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek” [Hebrews 5-6].
- Melchizedek and Jesus are two different incarnations of one soul – a very popular concept postulated in some of the Christian Gnostic scriptures (including the “Dead Sea Scrolls” and the “Second Book of Enoch”) and in the Edgar Cayce’s revelations (according to Cayce, Jesus was an incarnation of Adam and Melchizedek).
All of this suggests that Melchizedek and Jesus as images, titles and significance were very similar – and this is the reason why many scholars identify them as one and the same person. Drunvalo compares both consciousness types by saying that “Christ is a derivative of Melchizedek” and that the difference between them is Melchizedek consciousness is being (formless), while Christ consciousness enjoys manifestation (form). You can read more about the meaning of the “Melchizedek” name at this Wikipedia link, and this is the link to BibleGateway (a searchable on-line Bible).
As to the “Bernard Perona – Drunvalo Melchizedek” connection – check this link for who is Drunvalo Melchizedek (bio/history, Pleiades-Sirius connection) and seek further if you must to find your answers for yourselves. This name is definitely a huge statement as to the man’s personality, life-goal and as a concept of consciousness (philosophy), and definitely could be wrongly interpreted. I believe The Truth is all there is, that all our lies (big and small) are based on time alone – contemporary illusions formed by myriads of chaotic emotions mirrored in the beautiful eyes of others. As to Drunvalo Melchizedek – you know what wise people say: “you’ll know them by their works”. Be happy, be true, be you!